Photo

Port Downtime Next Week

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 DelphinusPrime

DelphinusPrime

I like it here.

• Admin
  • 70,567 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

HostMonster.com
to me
3:12 AM
HostMonster is dedicated to keeping your account secure and working smoothly. Our commitment to open source software and an intuitive web experience makes your online success our number one priority.

As part of this, your website is being upgraded to a new server; a server that is both faster and more reliable.

Migration of your website to the new server will begin next week. The process requires the server to be rebooted twice; once during the migration and again 48-72 hours after the migration is complete. Please expect 15-20 minutes of downtime between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. Mountain Time while the server reboots.

We want to assure you that we are doing everything possible to make this a smooth transition.

They don't say what day specifically they will be upgrading us, so apparently any day next week is fair game between those two times.  Just keep that in mind when you are accessing the port and get a timeout error.

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Del

"Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
!rotinom ruoy edisni kcuts m'I ,pleH
"When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you about it, that means they're giving up."

#2 Dewtey

Dewtey

Pure bred American Mutt

• Members
  • 45,265 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the warning.

... If you have to add anything to your coffee, you should probably switch to tea...

Ex-bureaucrat, at your service

It's tough to learn from the past, if they keep re-writing history.

#3 newsartist

newsartist

**MODERATOR**

• Moderators
  • 27,976 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:45 PM

Do we still have a Facebook, (or other,) account for emergency communication if the 'Port is down"

#4 DelphinusPrime

DelphinusPrime

I like it here.

• Admin
  • 70,567 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Newsie...you can always e-mail me if you need to:  mclemente (at) thespaceport.us  Facebook page got shutdown by FB because we didn't meet some criteria or other.

"Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
"When you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you about it, that means they're giving up."

#5 newsartist

newsartist

**MODERATOR**

• Moderators
  • 27,976 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

Addy noted in a safe place. Thanks.

Facebook is a joke Phishing expedition anyway.

AOL shut me down for non-use too. (My address was given to the wrong people, and all I got was crap from wannabee politicians, telling me what they had for breakfast and how much money they want.)

Is that long-ago offer of a Spaceport Email still in play?

#6 DelphinusPrime

DelphinusPrime

I like it here.

• Admin
  • 70,567 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

Newsie, yes if you still want an address I can hook you up.  Send me a PM with what you want the address to be and I'll set it up for you.