• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Smersh

Smersh

Gold

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:24 AM

Space.com having to deal with this these days (they're all over the place on the intrawebz.) 

You'll need a Facebook account to watch this and read the stupid (and the sensible I'm glad to say) in the comments. Surely these people are poes/trolls aren't they? Quite a few for sure, but there are some who really have fallen for this...

https://www.facebook...54583930856466/

Flat%20Earth%203_zpssgdoraws.jpg

Pobody's nerfect

#2 Smersh

Smersh

Gold

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

By the way, I wasn't sure whether to post this here, or in "Myths and Mysteries" so mods please move to wherever you like if so desired! 

Pobody's nerfect

#3 SJQ

SJQ

Saturn

• Members
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:55 AM

Arf is flat?  Did someone run over Little Orphan Annie's dog?   :moose:

• Smersh likes this

Flying is merely the second greatest thrill ever....   .....landing is the first!

Stinson's Law: Just because you can see a part, it doesn't mean you can get at it.

#4 Archer17

Archer17

Uranus

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

Arf is flat?  Did someone run over Little Orphan Annie's dog?   :moose:

I tried repeatedly but kept totaling my car:

Attached File  Arf.jpg   58.8KB   0 downloads

• Dewtey, Smersh and SJQ like this

The plural of anecdote is not data.

#5 pizzaguy

pizzaguy

My gas smells odd...

• SuperMods
  • 25,749 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 02:18 PM

MOST of them are trolls having fun, pissing people off, that was what I was doing ten years ago, before they threw me off the Flat Earth forum.    I also knew two guys (when I was an actual member of TFES) who were posting stuff just to see two things:

• The response of those who disagreed.
  • The response of those who agreed (and really believed).

They claimed, in PMs, to be writing a psych paper for post graduate study on the interaction of two or three elements:  belief, the influence of group thinking, and religion.   

From that day forward, I realized that some of what I see posted on the 'net may not be, at all, what it appears to be.

"Ignorance is paradise to the arrogant" - Pizza on May 7, 2016

"Built on the Mercedes R170/SLK320 platform... the Crossfire has taken on, sort of, a cult following."

Del is a greedy asshat!  :woot: 

#6 Archer17

Archer17

Uranus

• Members
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 12:00 AM

I was told by Jim Oberg many moons ago during my "missionary" days that some of the people that perpetuate the UFO myth are involved in classified projects and peddle the ET angle as a red herring.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users