More law, less justice.
Marcus Tullius Cicero 106 - 43 BC

#4 TheBigCat

TheBigCat

Gold

• Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

The contrail in the report is over Okanogan County, north-central Washington State, at least 100 miles from NAS Whidbey Island.. 

A couple of quick facts...Whidbey Island is the largest island in the continental United States, if you account for the consideration that Long Island is geographically considered a peninsula (One could quite easily dam up and fill in the Harlem and East Rivers, making Brooklyn, Manhattan, and The Bronx contiguous. It would take a lot of dirt but then NYC has plenty of that.)

My dad was stationed there right out of "A" School, in the early '60s, and again in the mid-late '70s with VP 69, a P-3 Orion squadron, and it was where I was stationed with VA-145 during my brief Navy career. Nothing like a good family tradition, wot?  

#5 silylene

silylene

Pluto

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Isle Royal and Padre Islands are also larger than Whidbey island.  Both are within the borders of the continental US.

#6 newsartist

newsartist

**MODERATOR**

• Moderators
  • 28,173 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:40 PM

Just what exactly does the Media think connects that Mach Run to the subject of the piece?

#7 Ath3na

Ath3na

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • 21,420 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

>> A couple of quick facts...

Which would be tremendously important...

... if he had been straffing with live rounds, right?  "It's an island, the people had nowhere to run!" 

vs: if you squint just right, it's vaguely phallic... like all architecture ever.  I'm not sure that being an island means much in this case. 

Infosec:
A profession that turns normal people into whiskey drinking, swearing, paranoid, disheartened curmudgeons with no hope for the future of computers or humanity. - Urban Dictionary

---

Jus meum tuebor

---
Who is John Galt?

#8 XZG 1138

XZG 1138

Professional thread killer. Services for hire.

• Members
  • 8,405 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:07 AM

Looks like a 30 gallon cowboy hat to me, the rest you just have dirty minds or are easily open to suggestion.

:innocent:

'The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.' - (John) Stapp's Law
------
Religion is not the opiate of the masses, corporate pop culture is.

#9 steve82

steve82

Terra

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

Looks like a 30 gallon cowboy hat to me, the rest you just have dirty minds or are easily open to suggestion.

Several of the comments attached to the article mentioned it looked like an Arby's sign.

#10 TheBigCat

TheBigCat

Gold

• Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:16 PM

Several of the comments attached to the article mentioned it looked like an Arby's sign.

In England there's a bit of Neolithic artwork carved into the chalk hillside which is most definitely not open to interpretation. Nobody seems to be too outraged over it. 

#11 TheBigCat

TheBigCat

Gold

• Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Isle Royal and Padre Islands are also larger than Whidbey island.  Both are within the borders of the continental US.

Oh...Well, that's what I get for repeating unverified information. 

About five years ago my little sis was living in Mukilteo, (pronounced MUK-ul-TEE-oh), a tiny community clinging to the shore west of Everett Boeing. It's the terminus for the ferry crossing to Clinton at the south end of Whidbey and Island Transit has a bus route which runs from Everett to the ferry to Clinton, up the island to Coupeville and Oak Harbor. We made tentative plans to do a day trip one Saturday, but never got to it before she moved away from where she was at. 

#12 Scottb64

Scottb64

Neptune

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

Used to go in and out of the J. Esenberg airport at the South end in a 66 Cessna 310. Highway 20 has a bridge at the north end and connects with I-5.

#13 newsartist

newsartist

**MODERATOR**

• Moderators
  • 28,173 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

In England there's a bit of Neolithic artwork carved into the chalk hillside which is most definitely not open to interpretation. Nobody seems to be too outraged over it. 

Ever been outraged by a Valentine card with 'heart, and arrow"?

#14 SJQ

SJQ

Saturn

• Members
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

I'm kinda thinking the USN has better things to worry about than some "skywriting" where the "filth" (such as it is) is as much in the eye of the beholder as the writer.  At least the aviators didn't collide with another vehicle, just as one "for instance".

So if the skywriting was actually depicting parts of the male anatomy, I'm gonna suggest the USN brass study the pictures really, really hard, and maybe figure out what it is they are missing.....

Flying is merely the second greatest thrill ever....   .....landing is the first!

Stinson's Law: Just because you can see a part, it doesn't mean you can get at it.

#15 XZG 1138

XZG 1138

• Members
  • 8,405 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:49 PM

How many megatons of Plowshare style nukes  would it take to turn California into an island. I know some of you math wizzes are up to the task. I have to know, I can't submit any ol figures to my local politicians.

'The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.' - (John) Stapp's Law
------

#16 Scottb64

Scottb64

Neptune

• Members
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

Boeing: 18-hour test flight traces shape of 787 across USA

https://www.usatoday...-usa/545014001/

Boeing’s test pilots have earned a reputation for creative flight plans in recent years. 

You may recall a February test flight that etched a giant “MAX” over the Pacific Northwest with – of course – one of the company’s new 737 Max jets. Football fans might remember 2014, when a Boeing 747 painted in the colors of the Seattle Seahawks flew in a giant "12" over Washington state to honor the team's "Twelfth Man" home fans. Or there was that time the crew of a Boeing 747 test flight flew from Everett, Wash., to Pittsburgh for one of the city’s famous sandwiches

Boeing’s latest noteworthy test flight? That came last week when test pilots on one of Boeing’s 787 Dreamliners traced a silhouette of giant 787-8 that covered nearly a third of the mainland U.S.

Something to do on a long flight.

#17 XZG 1138

XZG 1138

• Members
  • 8,405 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

Arrgh, forgot to include beautiful scene from nature for post #15

Storax_Sedan_nuke.jpg

------

#18 DocM

DocM

Pluto

• Members
  • 24,047 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:38 AM

Isle Royale: 206.73 sq mi
Whidbey Island: 168.67 sq mi

However, Whidbey Island is 58 miles long vs. Isle Royale's 45 miles.
myguns550-2.jpg

The Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one can't stay in the cradle forever
~~ Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

#19 LSBD

LSBD

Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

I just know I wouldn't want to be under the fallout from that penis chemtrail....

"We're on an express elevator to hell: Goin' down!"

"you never know what a monkey might do to a child"

#20 silylene

silylene

Pluto

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:48 AM

Isle Royale: 206.73 sq mi
Whidbey Island: 168.67 sq mi

However, Whidbey Island is 58 miles long vs. Isle Royale's 45 miles.

And Padre Island is: link

113 mi long

1.61 mi wide

209 mi^2

275px-Padre_island_0001.png

#21 TheBigCat

TheBigCat

Gold

• Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:59 AM

Used to go in and out of the J. Esenberg airport at the South end in a 66 Cessna 310. Highway 20 has a bridge at the north end and connects with I-5.

I have walked across that bridge a couple of times. Deception Pass State Park is wonderful, Canoe Island is a great scenic vantage, and a favored spot for photographers. One time I watched a 15' cabin cruiser try to go through outbound against a full rising tide. Try. This was one of those weekend marina queens from the Fifties with a top end of maybe 12 knots if it's had a tune up recently, he was fighting the current and the wind. I watched him asking myself if he was really trying to go through or just get somewhere for some good pictures, but there was nobody that I could see onboard with a camera. 

#22 steve82

steve82

Terra

• Members
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

New speculation that the as yet unnamed pilot of VAQ-130 ("The Zappers") was doing it as homage to the commander of the unit, Brendan "Tess" Stickles.

http://dailycaller.c...-tess-stickles/

#23 Ath3na

Ath3na

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • 21,420 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 08:07 PM

Definitely requires convening a formal inquisition. Congress? Senate? Spanish?!
Infosec:
A profession that turns normal people into whiskey drinking, swearing, paranoid, disheartened curmudgeons with no hope for the future of computers or humanity. - Urban Dictionary

---

Jus meum tuebor

---
Who is John Galt?

#24 Mee_n_Mac

Mee_n_Mac

Appropriately Attired

• Members
  • 9,765 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 09:34 PM

Definitely requires convening a formal inquisition. Congress? Senate? Spanish?!

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance. The latter are a lot more common than the former.

#25 Ath3na

Ath3na

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • 21,420 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

Well, yeah, definitely need that if you're going to be inquisited for long periods of time!

Infosec:

---

Jus meum tuebor

---
Who is John Galt?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users