20 replies to this topic

#1 Archer17

Archer17

Neptune

• Members
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:20 AM

Glowing Auras and ‘Black Money’: The Pentagon’s Mysterious U.F.O. Program

The continuing study of "UFOs" doesn't surprise me, after all, "UFOs" represent more than the 'extraterrestrial hypothesis' and reported "sightings" could indicate the ramifications of testing our 'black project' aircraft over populated areas. Many investigations of "UFOs" back in the '50s were red herrings that really sought to see if our U2s and such could be seen and appreciated by the casual observer. Then there's the foreign component, if Russia or China were to have a revolutionary design akin to the U2 or the later SR-71 we'd have to take "UFO sightings" in that context seriously. But that's not why I posted this here. The 2004 incident contained in the link is intriguing. The footage has been dismissed by some skeptics as an "artifact" among other things but then one has the testimony of one of the pilots which, unless you missed it, has been blathered over the various organs of our MSM and it goes beyond the 13-yr. video. The gist is he is unaware of anything we had then or now that could account for what he saw. 

Thoughts? I was always a "show me the evidence" skeptic regarding "UFOS" as ET aircraft and still am and I'm not about to put an ET sticker on this simply because the 'U' in UFO remains unresolved here but this is the best head-scratcher I've seen since Campeche which, coincidentally was the same year as this Californian incident and Campeche was later debunked by a Mexican pilot replicating the incident, right down to the original flight path. The debunking  was only possible because the oil well "flares" that produced the initial Mexican FLIR "UFOs" stuck around. That's not the case this time.

My take? I don't have a clue. I'm going to respect the 'U' here as I usually do with UFOs but keep an open mind that maybe, just maybe, it was horny SOBs from Deneb IV checking out the babes sunbathing on a San Diego beach before our air force had to ruin things for 'em. 

The plural of anecdote is not data.

#2 Ath3na

Ath3na

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:03 AM

Why here? Why now?

Why, when everyone on earth is carrying at least one HD camera 24/7/365, has the rate of photo-evidence not increased from the time when one in a million people even owned a camera, and only a handful could figure it out?

There's literally a billion "selfies" posted a day, but the rate of UFO evidence hasn't gone up? Not everyone can be so self-absorbed in photographing pussie...cats that they don't at least accidentally get a UFO, right?

That's a slam dunk right there. Mixing metaphors:

[Drops mic, walks away]

Infosec:
A profession that turns normal people into whiskey drinking, swearing, paranoid, disheartened curmudgeons with no hope for the future of computers or humanity. - Urban Dictionary

---

Jus meum tuebor

---
Who is John Galt?

#3 larper

larper

Platinum

• Members
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Why here? Why now?

Why, when everyone on earth is carrying at least one HD camera 24/7/365, has the rate of photo-evidence not increased from the time when one in a million people even owned a camera, and only a handful could figure it out?

There's literally a billion "selfies" posted a day, but the rate of UFO evidence hasn't gone up? Not everyone can be so self-absorbed in photographing pussie...cats that they don't at least accidentally get a UFO, right?

[Drops mic, walks away]

Because the aliens are actually responsible for the new technology, and have built into them the inability to photograph UFOs.  DUH!

• Ath3na and SJQ like this

#4 ESK

ESK

Nietzschean

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:25 PM

Kind of like Bigfoot.

#5 SJQ

SJQ

Uranus

• Members
  • 5,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

Why here? Why now?

[Drops mic, walks away]

Because the aliens are actually responsible for the new technology, and have built into them the inability to photograph UFOs.  DUH!

"Duh", indeed....

Never mind the exponential increase in number and quality of cellphone cameras, we have HMIR, too.

Flying is merely the second greatest thrill ever....   .....landing is the first!

Stinson's Law: Just because you can see a part, it doesn't mean you can get at it.

#6 Ath3na

Ath3na

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

HMIR shows far more promise as it's particularly good...

... at "revealing" things that don't exist.

Infosec:
A profession that turns normal people into whiskey drinking, swearing, paranoid, disheartened curmudgeons with no hope for the future of computers or humanity. - Urban Dictionary

---

Jus meum tuebor

---
Who is John Galt?

#7 Atticman

Atticman

Jupiter

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Attached File  Aliens 1.png   539.54KB   0 downloads

".......though they'll never fathom it, behind my sarcasm, desperate memories lie........"

#8 LSBD

LSBD

Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:23 AM

Why here? Why now?

[Drops mic, walks away]

maybe because they, the aliens, got bored with us and stopped coming?  Or maybe they are smarter than we are and realize that because almost everyone has a camera these days they need to be more careful?

"We're on an express elevator to hell: Goin' down!"

"you never know what a monkey might do to a child"

#9 silylene

silylene

Pluto

• Members
  • 11,835 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Nah, the aliens gave up on earth, too many women taking birth control pills now, it got too hard to impregnate them.

• LSBD likes this

#10 LSBD

LSBD

Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

or they realized we are a lost cause and will probably blow ourselves up before we can pose a threat to the rest of the galaxy

or maybe they experienced one too many shanghai surprises.....

#11 Atticman

Atticman

Jupiter

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

What it looks like to me is that Harry Reid used federal money......$110 million if the program got $22 mil for 5 years, that went to a Nevada-based entity.....that we cannot verify what it was used for.....that likely ended up in the pockets of Reid cronies, instead of actually doing a bit of UFO research. Possibly a government-funded Harry Reid re-election fund....."I'll give Mr. Bigelow the money, he'll give it to you, you give it back to me. Oh, and have your kid in the 3rd grade draw a picture of a UFO." 

".......though they'll never fathom it, behind my sarcasm, desperate memories lie........"

#12 Archer17

Archer17

Neptune

• Members
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:39 AM

Here's a typical UFO sighting (I'll use one of mine as an example):

Back in the Bush2 administration about an hour before sunset my wife & I took our daily walk where we walk to a nearby nature center and back (a decent amount of mileage) and I happened to have my nifty "UFO-buster" binoculars with me. We got no further than several yards from my house when I saw a odd-looking object in the sky moving at a decent rate that, to the naked eye, looked like a spherical "blob." This thing made no sound and didn't look like any conventional aircraft. It was a "UFO," at least it was for the several seconds it took me to aim my binocs at it. It turned out this thing was two balloons tied together and scudding along on a wind current. The thing is, if anyone in my neighborhood happened to look up and see it and didn't have binoculars they would not have been able to identify it. It would be a 'UFO sighting' and, naturally, any calls they made to our local airport, media, or NORAD for that matter wouldn't have ID'd if for them. For all I know these two balloons are buried somewhere in the MUFON database and filed under 'unexplained.'

Now I'm not saying all "UFOs" are balloons but this particular incident is indicative of how something mundane or explainable could appear to be something else altogether and shows the folly of after-the-fact "UFO investigations." If "it" ain't there anymore, then what's to "investigate?" How would any later "investigation" based on the testimony of my binocular-less neighbors get to the bottom of what was actually there?  It wouldn't.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

#13 newsartist

newsartist

**MODERATOR**

• Moderators
  • 28,272 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

With my eyes most things that fly are UFOs!

#14 LSBD

LSBD

Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

back in the early 2000s I was an air defense artillery officer.  Field exercise at Eglin AFB.  We tracked a "UFO" on radar for almost 10 minutes.  I just appeared from nowhere and then disappeared after a bit.  Solid track with none of the indicators that usually occur with a false track or ghost target, diagnostics showed no irregularities with the system.  Good, solid, steady data for almost 10 minutes.  It was too far out for visual confirmation and there was no noise.  According to the USAF guys at Eglin, there were no aircraft in the area and our radar would not track things like balloons, birds, plastic bags etc.  To this day I still have no logical explanation of what it was, but it was definitely something.

#15 Bill Slugg

Bill Slugg

Bill Slugg

• Moderators
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

Do you recall how fast it was going or how high it was? 

#16 ESK

ESK

Nietzschean

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:31 AM

Time ships from the future... :ufo:

• Dewtey likes this

#17 silylene

silylene

Pluto

• Members
  • 11,835 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

Anywhere near Montauk, Long Island NY, where a government secret project supposedly engaged in time travel experiments??  ;)

Montauk Project wikipedia

#18 newsartist

newsartist

**MODERATOR**

• Moderators
  • 28,272 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

.  We tracked a "UFO" on radar for almost 10 minutes.  I just appeared from nowhere and then disappeared after a bit.  Solid track with none of the indicators that usually occur with a false track or ghost target, diagnostics showed no irregularities with the system.  Good, solid, steady data for almost 10 minutes.  It was too far out for visual confirmation and there was no noise.  According to the USAF guys at Eglin, there were no aircraft in the area and our radar would not track things like balloons, birds, plastic bags etc.  To this day I still have no logical explanation of what it was, but it was definitely something.

An ECM exercise perhaps, either active or passive?

Possibly a Navy source, which Eglin did not know about if they had no ongoing missions?

Edited by newsartist, 08 January 2018 - 05:39 PM.

#19 Ath3na

Ath3na

Chaotic Neutral

• Members
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

I'm going with faulty equipment, and/or operator error.  Consider the source. 

Infosec:

---

Jus meum tuebor

---
Who is John Galt?

#20 Atticman

Atticman

Jupiter

• Members
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:51 PM

The sightings made by professionals.....pilots, people who work with radar, "trained" viewers, etc., are the UFO cases I study more. As in Archer's Navy video, well, that's not a weather balloon or a flock of geese.

I look for the tell-tale signs that give explanation to unidentified objects. Most people don't bother, they immediately rush to "it's a UFO!" Most times I've been able to determine what an oddity was, be it an Iridium flare (there's been people with me when one's lit up at the right time), plane lights, reflected light, etc..

My "UFO story'??.....back about 1966 or so, my Dad and brother came in and were talking about driving down the road and seeing a flaming ball way up in the sky. It didn't move, didn't change size or color, but then it blinked out. I wasn't sure if I should believe Dad, because he liked a good joke from time to time.

But 3 nights later, my brother and I were taking out the garbage to our burn barrel, and there, almost straight overhead up in the sky was an orange ball of fire, flickering kind of like a campfire ember. We watched it for about a minute or so, then it disappeared. Some supernova or other space-related event?? I've never been able to match it with any known situation.

#21 LSBD

LSBD

Voice of Reason

• Members
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

Do you recall how fast it was going or how high it was? 

can't give out altitudes due to that radar capability being classified. But it was fast, around 500m/s (a little over 1000mph)  Did some pretty sharp maneuvers as well.   I'm convinced it was a "real target"  because, almost without fail (and I've never seen one that hasn't),  false tracks/targets will appear, travel in a straight line for a couple of minutes, then drop and are never moving at that rate of speed.

Edited by LSBD, 09 January 2018 - 11:20 AM.

• Bill Slugg likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users